Cold Weather Payments

The Cold Weather Payments grant is available to those on certain benefits and can result in a weekly payment of £25 towards the cost of heating your home in the winter months. Cold Weather Payments are available to those on certain benefits who live in areas where the temperature is lower than 0oC for 7 days in a row. The payment itself is £25 for every 7-day period that the temperature drops below freezing between the 1st of November and the 31st of March. The payment is made within 2 weeks and will be paid to the same account to which your benefits are linked.

Your eligibility is mainly dependent on what benefits you are on, but it is also only available in certain areas of the country. You can find out more about this grant here:

Click To Visit

You can qualify as eligible if you receive the Pension Credit, Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance. You must also either live with a child under the age of 5, have a disability or pensioner premium, a child who is disabled or receive a Child Tax Credit that includes a disability element. You can also be eligible if you receive Universal Credit, or if you are not employed in any way. In this case, you must also either live with a child under the age of 5 or receive a payment for limited capability for work. No matter if you are employed or not, you can also be eligible if you claim for a disabled child amount.

Similar to the Winter Fuel Payment, you will usually receive the Cold Weather Payment automatically. However, if you have never received the payment before and your circumstances change and you become eligible, for example if you receive any income-based benefits and a child under the age of 5 comes to live with you, you may need to make a claim for it. You can do this by getting in touch with Jobcentre Plus.

Get Your Free Boiler & Insulation Grant

Running low on time? Then simply fill in the form below and chose a time thats convinent for you for a dedicated grant advisor to call and go through the simple process of obtaining your Grant.

Am I Eligible For A Grant ?

ECO3 Qualifying Benefits:

Pension Guarantee Credit

Income-related Employment And Support Allowance (ESA)

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

Income Support

Severe Disablement Allowance

Tax Credits (Child Tax Credits And Working Tax Credits)*

Disability Benefits (Specific Benefits Listed Below)

Universal Credit

Child Benefit

Apply Now

Grants Provided By